Sunday, May 10, 2015

Khanjira the World Breaker

Finished up painting this mini a few weeks ago and just realized I hadn't posted any photos of it yet.  I've come to the conclusion I enjoy painting the larger figures a lot more than the standard (human) sized mini's.  If there is a bone's 3, I plan on just getting the larger offerings this time around.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Warhammer Forest

These photos are from a Warhammer forest set I purchased.  A lot more assembly than I was thinking but all in all it was a fun project and let me, once again, play around with my airbrush.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

MBA Rope Bridge

Just received my Rope Bridge from the Master Building Authority today and it looks amazing!  Thought I would throw up a few photos of it and show it off.

I added a few more photos showing the bridge in action.  Here it can be seen providing (somewhat) safe passage over the infamous Dwarven Forge Tote Bag Chasm!

And last but not least, my 3 year old daughter saw me taking the photos and wanted to help so as I was updating the blog here she grabbed my camera and took this photo to help. Although a tad bit blurry, I was impressed that she actually managed to photograph the bridge and not a wall or floor or something else.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tabletop World, Dwarven Forge Mix

Someone on the Dwarven Forge kickstarter last night asked how the Tabletop Wworld house looked with the Dwarven Forge tiles.  Here are a couple quick photos.  The doors between the two are basically the same size, so I think it's going to fit well with the Dwarven Forge cities stuff.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Latest Acquisitions

Thought I would show off my latest acquisition.  It's a building from Tabletop world.  A small building called the Townhouse.  I bought it so I could see just what they look like and to see if I thought they would go good with my Dwarven Forge stuff.  It's still unpainted but I really like what I see so far.  The detail is amazing.  Can't wait to get it painted!

Well Surprise!  I got it painted today.  Got to play around with my airbrush once again and have come to the conclusion that I won't be using cheap craft paints in it anymore.  After thinning it out quite a bit more than my last failed attempt I attempted to use it again and it plugged up the airgun so bad it took me the better part of an hour to get it unplugged again.  What a nightmare.

After I cleaned up that nightmare, I used my Reaper and Pokorny paints to paint the house.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I did the bulk of the painting with the airbrush and the final work with paintbrushes. 

I bought this house an experiment to see what I thought of the Tabletop world things and all I can say is their products are amazing!

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dragons don't share!

Here is my latest project.  Dragon's Don't Share from Reaper Mini's.  One of the many minis I got from Reapers KS 1 and 2.  I purchased an Airbrush almost 2 years ago and never got around to using until this mini.  I finally broke and out and after a few hiccups like using way too thick of paint in it and spending an hour trying to unplug it and then finally after unplugging it I managed to bend the tip of the needle and spend another 20 minutes trying to figure out why it stopped working and fixing it.  I finally figured it out and I have to say it was a lot of fun and I was really happy with how it turned out.  I will definitely be using it a lot more going forward.  Anyway.  Here are a few photos.

One small note.  The bushes turned out way too bright and I have since toned them down quite a bit.  They look a lot better than whats shown in the photos.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fear the kraken!

Just finished painting the first of my large minis I received from the Reaper 2 KS: The Kraken!!  I've been watching the Dwarven Forge City Builder KS and painting this guy up was a great way to pass the time.

Monday, March 9, 2015

A bit of assembling

I received my Reaper 2 KS rewards a few weeks ago.  I decided to assemble all the multi-part mini's yesterday.  Turned out to be a bigger project than I thought.  It took me all of yesterday and a few hours today to get them all assembled and straightened out. I used the boiling/ice technique on the pieces that bent/warped and it worked really well.  So far there only seems to be one piece thats being really stubborn.  A bone devil that is just refusing to stay upright.  I get it all straightened out and within a few hours he's bent over again.  Not sure if its in the plastic or if there is just too much weight for the thin bones of his legs to keep him upright.  Anyway.  Here are a few photos of the mini's.