Someone on the Dwarven Forge kickstarter last night asked how the Tabletop Wworld house looked with the Dwarven Forge tiles. Here are a couple quick photos. The doors between the two are basically the same size, so I think it's going to fit well with the Dwarven Forge cities stuff.
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Thought I would show off my latest acquisition. It's a building from Tabletop world. A small building called the Townhouse. I bought it so I could see just what they look like and to see if I thought they would go good with my Dwarven Forge stuff. It's still unpainted but I really like what I see so far. The detail is amazing. Can't wait to get it painted!
Well Surprise! I got it painted today. Got to play around with my airbrush once again and have come to the conclusion that I won't be using cheap craft paints in it anymore. After thinning it out quite a bit more than my last failed attempt I attempted to use it again and it plugged up the airgun so bad it took me the better part of an hour to get it unplugged again. What a nightmare.
After I cleaned up that nightmare, I used my Reaper and Pokorny paints to paint the house. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I did the bulk of the painting with the airbrush and the final work with paintbrushes.
I bought this house an experiment to see what I thought of the Tabletop world things and all I can say is their products are amazing!
Sunday, March 22, 2015
Here is my latest project. Dragon's Don't Share from Reaper Mini's. One of the many minis I got from Reapers KS 1 and 2. I purchased an Airbrush almost 2 years ago and never got around to using until this mini. I finally broke and out and after a few hiccups like using way too thick of paint in it and spending an hour trying to unplug it and then finally after unplugging it I managed to bend the tip of the needle and spend another 20 minutes trying to figure out why it stopped working and fixing it. I finally figured it out and I have to say it was a lot of fun and I was really happy with how it turned out. I will definitely be using it a lot more going forward. Anyway. Here are a few photos.
One small note. The bushes turned out way too bright and I have since toned them down quite a bit. They look a lot better than whats shown in the photos.
Sunday, March 15, 2015
Monday, March 9, 2015
I received my Reaper 2 KS rewards a few weeks ago. I decided to assemble all the multi-part mini's yesterday. Turned out to be a bigger project than I thought. It took me all of yesterday and a few hours today to get them all assembled and straightened out. I used the boiling/ice technique on the pieces that bent/warped and it worked really well. So far there only seems to be one piece thats being really stubborn. A bone devil that is just refusing to stay upright. I get it all straightened out and within a few hours he's bent over again. Not sure if its in the plastic or if there is just too much weight for the thin bones of his legs to keep him upright. Anyway. Here are a few photos of the mini's.