Sunday, June 29, 2014

Collapsed Hall

I finished the collapsed hall a day or so ago and they turned out pretty well.  I made one small mistake when I completely covered up my black base coat with the next coat (gray) so none of the darker shading was able to come through, but I still think they turned out pretty well.    Here are a couple shots of work in progress and some final ones in my Dwarven Forge tiles.  The yellow pieces you see sticking out of the in progress shots are actually from a toilet bowl cleaning sponge I picked up at the Dollar Store.  Thanks again to the Gm's Craft for the idea.  Only change I made to his project was to increase the width to allow it to work with my Dwarven Forge stuff.  Hope you like.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014


I painted up a few statues today.  I was planning on working on some collapsed halls, but my can of spray paint decided to malfunction and I got black paint all over my hands.  With no other can's of black (I use it for a quick and simple base coat) I put off that project and painted some statues I had been planning on painting for a while.  I'm happy with how they turned out.  I have some gargoyle statues I painted a while back, and if I get a chance I'll post them sometime as well.

Here is a work in progress photo of my collapsed halls.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kickstarter rewards

Just got my rewards for a Kickstarter(KS) I backed about a year ago.  The KS was called Warriors of Darkmyre and I backed for the traps.  Aside from the time it took to get them, which seems to be fairly normal for most KS's, they look pretty good.  I haven't had a chance to paint them yet but I thought I would post some pic's of them prepainted.

It looks like there will be some assembly on two of the pieces, but both look like it will be very simple and easy.  
Looking forward to painting them!

Sunday, June 22, 2014


My latest project are a series of graves.  Some undisturbed, some fresh and others open.  Quick (relatively) and easy project.  The grave markers are supposed to represent different religions.

Friday, June 20, 2014


This was a quick little project I did while I was waiting for some of my larger projects to dry.  I made a few rocks.  These are made out of nothing but toilet paper and Elmer's glue. I basically balled up some toilet paper and put it in water, squeezed out the excess water and shaped them.  Then just rubbed Elmer's glue on them.  I let it dry and then did it a couple more times.  Once completely dry I painted them.  I did experiment with a couple more using hot glue, but they looked terrible when done (the whole family concurred) so they went into the trash.  They are light but hard and I was pretty happy with how they turned out.  I plan on making a handful more.  They should be good for avalanches and such.

Here are a few photos.

Edit: Now that I posted this, the photos don't make them look all that great.  They look a lot better in real life.  I'll perhaps try and update the photos later.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Underground Prison

Here is my latest project.  I've moved away from plants for this one and created a Underground Prison.  Again, this is based on the DM'sCraft.  Thanks!  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  We are hopefully going to use this next week in our weekly DnD game.

The first photos are of the project while in progress.

And here is the finished project.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Tall Grass Project

I just finished my latest project.  It's some tall grass.  Took me a couple days (taking into account glue and paint drying). but they are now done.  All in all I'm happy with how they turned out, but I think I'm going to take a break from outdoor terrain now and work on some 2.5d tiles next.

Anyway, here the photos of my tall grass project.  I still need to work on taking more photos during each stage, but at least this time I remembered to start taking photos about 1/2 way through the project.

Shrubbereis part 2

I decided to go back and touch up a bit my shrubberies.  I basically added a little color to the leaves.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  Take a look.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My latest project is a Forest of Death!  They are made from toilet paper rolls and toilet paper.  I covered it all then with glue from a glue gun.

After my giant Redwoods I decided to make a few Shrubberies!  these are made from aquarium plants that I pulled apart and mounted separately.


Up next is a forest of death!