Sunday, July 28, 2013

Reaper Mini's

Well I got my box of Reaper Mini's in the mail a little over a week ago and after spending quite a few hours over two days, I have them all opened and somewhat sorted.  All in all, I like most of them, but I ended up with quite a few bent up minis in need of some TLC.  I would guess out of the box and 4 add-on's I got, there is somewhere in the range of 30-40 minis that are going to need repairs.  I've never done it before, but I've read a bit on using the heat/cold method to straighten them, so I guess I'll have plenty of experience with the method before I'm through.

For paints, I also purchased all the reaper add-on sets, so I'll be using them for all my painting.  Back in the day (1980's) I did paint a fair amount of mini's, but I never considered them to have been done very well.  I've learned a few techniques the past few years both from reading and watching YouTube videos as well as from painting some Hirst Arts bricks, so hopefully what I produce this time will be a bit higher quality than what I produced in my youth.

As some others have posted, My goal is to have the whole vampire order painted within a year (wishfully less).  My dream is to try and get a mini a day painted with perhaps time off on the weekends.  if successful, I will be looking at 45 weeks or so before I finish.

Only time will tell if I can stick to this schedule, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment